进入按句听写 (播放时一句一停,ALT+C键下一句) 新手指南(按句听写模式) | 进入全文听写 (连续播放,F8键暂停。) 新手指南(全文听写模式) |
选择听写模式,音频将自动播放,点击查看如何提高听写正确率
建议使用最新版flash播放器。
英文原文 | 中文原文 | |
---|---|---|
Last week, I told about the number one. | 上周我们学习了关于数字一的短语, | |
Today, I will tell about expressions using other numbers. | 今天,我们讲一下包含其他数字的短语。 | |
Some problems are difficult to solve. | 有一些问题很难解决。 | |
But there are a lot of number expressions that can help. | 但是有很多关于数字的表达方式可以起到作用。 | |
For example, if we put two and two together, | 例如,如果我们根据事实推理, | |
we might come up with the right answer. | 就可能得出正确的答案。 | |
We know that two heads are better than one. | 我们知道人多智广。 | |
It is always better to work with another person to solve a problem. | 与其他人一起工作来解决问题总比一个人好。 | |
Sometimes there are no two ways about it. | 有时候你别无选择, | |
Some problems have only one solution. | 有些问题只有一个解决方法。 | |
You cannot be of two minds over this. | 你不能三心二意。 | |
But with any luck, we could solve the problem in two shakes of a lamb's tail. | 但是有时候运气好,我们能立即解决问题。 | |
We could have our answers quickly and easily. | 我们能够迅速简便地得到答案。 | |
Sometimes we can kill two birds with one stone. | 有时候我们能够一举两得。 | |
That is, we can complete two goals with only one effort or action. | 也就是说,我们可以通过一次努力行动完成两个目标。 | |
But we must remember that two wrongs don't make a right. | 但是我们必须记住,两个错误不能构成一个正确。 | |
If someone does something bad to you, you should not do the same to him. | 如果别人对你做了什么坏事,你不能冤冤相报。 | |
If you are going out with your girlfriend, or boyfriend, | 如果你跟男朋友或女朋友外出, | |
you do not want another friend to go along on your date. | 你不想另外一个朋友参加你的约会, | |
You can just say to your friend: two's company, three's a crowd. | 你可以对你的朋友说:两人成伴三人不欢。 | |
When I was a young child in school, I had to learn the three R's. | 当我还在读书的时候,我必须学习三个R。 | |
These important skills are reading, writing and arithmetic. | 这三项重要的技能是阅读,写作和算术。 | |
These three words do not all start with the letter R. | 这三个词并不都是以字母R开头的。 | |
But they have the sound of R. | 但是他们的发音都包含R音。 | |
My teachers used to give three cheers when I did well in math. | 我数学表现比较好时老师经常为我欢呼。 | |
They gave praise and approval for a job well done. | 人们经常为完成的比较好的工作予以赞扬和认可。 | |
Some of my friends were confused and did not understand their schoolwork. | 我有些朋友非常困惑,不能明白作业。 | |
They were at sixes and sevens. | 他们简直乱七八糟。 | |
In fact, they did not care if they finished high school. | 实际上,他们根本就不在乎能否中学毕业。 | |
They saw little difference between the two choices. | 他们觉得两个选择没有任何区别, | |
Six of one, half a dozen the other? that was their position. | 两者是半斤八两,各有千秋,这就是他们的立场。 | |
But they were really happy when they completed their studies | 但是当他们从完成学业, | |
and graduated from high school. | 从中学毕业时非常高兴。 | |
They were in seventh heaven. | 他们简直非常愉快 | |
They were on cloud nine. | 欣喜若狂。 | |
Nine times out of ten, students who do well in school find good jobs. | 十有八九,在学校表现比较好的学生容易找到好工作。 | |
Some work in an office doing the same things every day at nine to five jobs. | 有一些人在办公室每天做着同样的事情,过着朝九晚五的生活。 | |
You do not have to dress to the nines, | 做这种工作,你不必打扮得时髦到极点, | |
or wear your best clothes, for this kind of work. | 或者穿你最好的衣服。 | |
Last year, one of my friends applied for a better job at her office. | 去年,我一个朋友申请办公室里一份比较好的工作。 | |
I did not think she would get it. | 我认为她肯定得不到。 | |
I thought she had a hundred to one shot at the job. | 我认为她得到这份工作的机会微乎其微。 | |
Other people at her office thought her chances were a million to one. | 她办公室其他人认为她的机会也非常小。 | |
One reason was that she had been caught catching forty winks at the office. | 一个原因是她被抓住在办公室小睡。 | |
She slept at her desk for short periods during the day. | 白天她在办公室趴在桌子上睡了一小会儿。 | |
But her supervisor appointed her to the new job at the eleventh hour | 但是她的主管委任了她这项新的工作。 | |
at the very last minute. | 在最后时刻 | |
I guess her lucky number came up. | 我猜她是中彩了。 |